Monday, May 18, 2015

Red Capsicum Chutney / Yellow Capsicum Chutney





After i published my last post, i got lots of phone calls and messages from my friends asking me to update the blog very often with more recipes.  So here you go friends. Hope you will like it, love it and share it.. He he he.

       Last Saturday my neighbor gave me the Restaurant depot card for us to visit that store. With lots of curiosity , our family went to that store just to see what do they really carry  To my surprise, we found yummy fruits, vegetables, all kinds of meat and all that you need to cook at home/ restaurant except the canned goods.

We bought 1 full box of mangoes, 5lb red peppers, 25 lemons in a bag, 5 lb apples in a bag, and some sauces and cookies.

Red pepper.. Yumm yumm. Mummy i want more of that red vegetable!!!! Thats what i hear whenever i make this red pepper/capsicum vegetable.So tried the red pepper chutney after seeing it in my friend Mullais's website. I did some changes  and tried it, and we just loved it. My little girl asked me " Mom can you please make more of this Chutney. I love this Chutney and I love you too Mom". That made my day..

 I add this red veggie with the mushrooms to make mushroom red pepper masala, Sometimes i make mixed vegetable rice with the bright red veggie. Very often i add it to the Chicken stir fry and Pasta dishes Sometimes i add this to the fish curry to make it more colorful. Trust me , it does taste good. Ok ennoda kathayae sollitu iruntha appuram eppo recipe pathi sollurathu.. Let me share my recipe.



To make this chutney, you need just 30 minutes of your time from start to finish.

You will need:


  • 1 Red Pepper / Yellow or even Orange pepper
  • 1 Big Tomato / 2 small tomatoes
  • 1/4 of big onion / 2 small onion
  • 1/2 cup of grated coconut
  • Handful of coriander leaves
  • 2 Red chilies
  • 5 Garlic Pods
  • 1/2 inch ginger(finely chopped)
  • curry leaves (optional)
  • Salt to taste
  • 2 tsp oil 
Procedure:

Step 1:

Wash the red pepper and take off the seeds and rough chop them and keep it aside. 

Step 2:

Wash the tomatoes and chop them and keep it aside. Just do the same thing with the onions too. 

Step 3:

Some of the  ingredients that you need to make this yummy chutney.


Step 4:

Heat a pan and add some oil to it. When its hot just add the curry leaves (optional)red chilli, onions, garlic and ginger and saute it just for 2 minutes. 

Step 5:

Now add the chopped red peppers and saute it for 5 to 7 minutes in a medium flame. 



Step 6:

Now add the tomatoes and saute it for 5 more mins. Now you can add the grated coconut and the chopped coriander leaves and saute it just for a minute and switch off the stove. 



Step 7:

Let it cool for 5 minutes. 



Step 8:

 Now add the water and salt to the mixture and grind it to the Chutney consistency. We prefer the smooth consistency chutney, not the course consistency. 

I did not do the extra tempering to give the final touch  to add the extra taste and extra fat. 



Chutney tastes yumm yumm.. We had it with South Indian Dosa. You can even have this chutney with Chapathi.

Hint:

You can even add some urad dal to the oil before adding onions.


No comments: